The SIVA Crossover Events are both STILL ON for tomorrow at Baylor (women) and UTSA (men). The weather conditions in both locations (Waco & San Antonio) does not seem to be concerning for the events to continue as scheduled for most of the schools attending.
There are some schools that are being impacted by the winter storm across North Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex and NORTH) and have indicated that they will not be able to safely make the trip. Teams in the North Texas area that are impacted by the weather need to make that decision with their team and school administration; and let me know by 7:00PM tonight. Teams in the north impacted by weather will not be charged the $150 cancellation fee.
North Texas schools: I have heard from several of you but need a confirmation that:
(1) You WILL be attending OR
(2) You WILL NOT be attending.
Please email, call, or text and make sure to include your team name – 631 335 5319. I will be on the road to San Antonio and will respond as I am available.
Any schools South of Dallas/Ft Worth are still scheduled and expected to attend.
I will be refactoring the schedule based on confirmed teams tonight. Be patient until we are able to get confirmations and get a new schedule out. All teams should still report to the gyms on the same schedule and plan to play or ref the first match of the day until the schedule is finalized.
We will have to figure out how this will impact seeding for the SIVA championships in the coming weeks.
Travel Safe and Stay Warm North Texas!
The Men’s & Women’s Crossover Event in this weekend. Day starts with Challenge Matches for teams to move from one power pool to another. Make sure your teams show up prepared for this challenge. Teams then go into power pools based on the results for the North/South Events.
Men will be at UT-San Antonio in San Antonio, TX
Women will be back at Baylor in Waco, TX.
Rosters lock tonight so make sure all players are added and have the correct jersey number. Any changes that were accepted at the first event need to have been updated on vbreg.com. We will be checking id’s and rosters at the tournament.
All teams must be in compliance with Uniform Rules posted on NCVF website – www.ncvfvolleyball.org.
Every Captain/Team Rep must be at the captains meeting at the times listed below.
Schedule will be available on Thursday night on Gamepoint.
If your team is not listed and you think you are competing, contact me immediately.
Women’s Crossover at Baylor University – Student Life Center & Russell Gym(across the parking lot)
Schedule for the day:
Gym opens 8:00 AM
Captains Meeting 8:10 AM
First match 8:30 AM
Last scheduled match 5:40 PM
Men’s Crossover at UT-San Antonio – Student Recreation Center
Schedule for the day:
Gym opens 7:15 AM
Captains Meeting 7:30 AM
First match 8:00 AM
Last scheduled match 6:05 PM
2. The most updated Playing Schedule and rules can be found online at the link provided below but as always the schedule is likely to change because of any last minute issues so ALL teams are required to be at the Captain’s Meeting and prepared to compete in the first match of the day so do not plan to show up late if your team is not scheduled to compete first. Again – all teams must be at the captain’s meeting and be prepared to play or ref the first match of the day. Schedule Will be available online on Thursday night at the following link: www.gamepointrtr.com Find the SIVA Crossover Event.
3. Any teams that drop or do not show will be fined the $150 penalty and all matches will be forfeited and will be subject to be dropped from all remaining SIVA events..
4. Each team is scheduled to play 4 or 5 matches throughout the day. The results of each weekend of play places you into the next round of the competition so it is important that you finish as strongly as possible in each event to be competing against the strongest teams.
5. Each team is responsible for 2-3 officiating assignments throughout the day. You are responsible to supply the second official, two linesman, one scorekeeper, one libero tracker and one score flipper/scoreboard operator. You will need six players for each officiating assignment.
6. There is no break so teams need to plan accordingly with your individual team schedule to ensure you account for time for you team to eat or have food delivered by parents.
7. Remind your players that we will be checking ID’s at the first match for each team so they must have their ID to participate.
8. All players must be listed on the roster with the correct jersey numbers to participate.
9. You must have uniforms that are in compliance to all USA Volleyball uniform regulations
10. Please read and be familiar with all playing rules and guidelines.
11. Due to the inability of teams to adhere to food & drink policy – No outside food or drinks will be allowed in the gyms except water. It was reported to me by the site coordinators at each of the first two sites that the gym was left a mess. Teams must clean up the bench when leaving and the areas where they camp during the day.
Let me know if you have any questions.
631 335 5319
Couple of updates for the upcoming SIVA events:
1. You need to make sure that your roster is updated and complete. This includes jersey number for each player. Rosters will be locked as of January 28 and players will not be allowed to participate if the jersey does not match the roster. PLEASE LOG INTO THE NCVF REGISTRATON SYSTEM AND UPDATE YOUR ROSTERS BEFORE JANUARY 28 deadline.
2. In addition to jersey numbers – All players must be marked with former varsity designation on the roster if they meet the definition of Former Varsity as defined by the Varsity definition found on the website. http://www.ncvfvolleyball.org/Documents/Office365PDFViewer.aspx?file=http://www.ncvfvolleyball.org/Documents/2012_NCVF_Varsity_Rule.pdf If any player is found to be a former varsity that is not marked on the roster, the player and/or team can face sanctions including suspension and forfeiture of all matches. Teams are only allowed to have 2 former varsity players in their lineup. We had issues with this last year and I will be auditing and coming down very hard on any team that violates these rules.
3. Teams are required to have uniforms that are in compliance with the NCVF and USA Volleyball uniform guidelines to participate. This includes matching shorts. Please review the home page of the NCVF for these uniform guidelines. Information is listed down on the middle of the page – www.ncvfvolleyball.org.
Jan 31 - SIVA North - Women @ TCU
Women's Teams (13)= Oklahoma State U-W; Sam Houston-W; SMU-W; Tarleton State-W; TCU A-W; Texas Tech A-W; Texas Tech B-W; U North Texas A-W; U North Texas B-W; U of Texas Arlington-W; U of Texas Dallas-W; Texas A&M A-W; Texas A&M B-W
Jan 31 - SIVA North - Men @ UT-Arlington
Men's Teams (15) = Oklahoma State A, Oklahoma State B, TCU A, Texas A&M A, Texas A&M B, Texas Tech, U Central Arkansas, U North Texas A, U North Texas B, U of Oklahoma, U of Texas A, U of Texas B, U of Texas Arlington, U of Texas Dallas, U of Mary Hardin Baylor
Feb 07 - SIVA South - Women & Men @ Baylor
Women's Teams (13)= Baylor A-W; Baylor B-W; Lamar University-W; Rice U-W; St Edwards-W; Texas State A-W; Texas State B-W; Trinity-W; U of Houston A-W; U of Houston B-W; U of Texas A-W; U of Texas B-W; UTSA A-W
Men's Teams (10) = Baylor A; Baylor B; Lamar U; LSU; LSU B; Rice U; Texas State A; Texas State B; Trinity; UTSA A